Utilize the Power of a Former Prosecutor
Dublin, CA Robbery Lawyer
Defending Those Who Have Been Accused Of Robbery in California
A robbery charge is a severe offense that can have lasting consequences on your life. At The Law Office of John W. Noonan, we understand the severity of robbery charges in California and the significant impact they can have on your life. Our robbery attorneys in Dublin are here to guide you through the legal process and fight for the best possible outcome.
Call The Law Office of John W. Noonan today at (925) 807-7077 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our robbery attorney in Dublin, CA.
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a severe criminal offense involving taking another person's property through force, fear, or intimidation. In California, robbery is defined under Penal Code Section 211 as taking someone else's personal property against their will while in their presence and using force or fear to accomplish the act. This crime is considered a felony and is treated with utmost seriousness by the California legal system.
Robbery is distinguished from other theft crimes by the element of force or fear. Unlike burglary, which involves unlawful entry into a property to execute a crime, robbery involves immediate confrontation and threat to the victim.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in California?
If you are convicted of robbery in California, you could face severe penalties that may impact your life. The consequences vary depending on the specific circumstances of the crime, like the use of a weapon or injuries sustained by the victim. Generally, robbery penalties include the following:
- Imprisonment: A conviction for robbery can result in significant prison time. Robbery is classified as a felony offense, and the length of imprisonment can range from several years to potentially decades, depending on the details of the case.
- Fines: Along with imprisonment, individuals convicted of robbery may be subject to substantial fines. These fines can place an additional financial burden on the convicted individual.
- Restitution: If the victim suffered financial losses from the robbery, the court may order the convicted individual to pay restitution. This is meant to compensate the victim for their losses, which can include stolen property, medical expenses, and more.
- Criminal Record: A robbery conviction will lead to a permanent criminal record, which can have significant implications for your personal and professional life. This record can affect future employment opportunities, housing applications, and more.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Some potential defenses against robbery charges include:
- Lack of Intent: If it can be shown that you did not have the intent to commit robbery or that the taking of property was not done with criminal intent, it could weaken the prosecution's case against you.
- False Accusations: We can investigate the possibility of false accusations or mistaken identity. Eyewitness accounts and other evidence may be unreliable, and we will work diligently to uncover the truth.
- Duress or Coercion: If you were forced or coerced into committing the robbery under threat of harm to yourself or your loved ones, this could be a viable defense.
- Insufficient Evidence: The prosecution must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If there is insufficient evidence linking you to the crime, we can challenge the case against you.
Contact Our Robbery Attorney in Dublin Today
If you or a loved one is facing robbery charges in California, it's critical to have a skilled legal team on your side. At the Law Office of John W. Noonan, our experienced robbery lawyers are dedicated to protecting your rights, building a strong defense, and fighting for the best possible outcome in your case. We understand the stress and uncertainty that criminal charges bring, and we are here to provide you with the knowledgeable and compassionate legal representation you need during this challenging time.
Contact The Law Office of John W. Noonan today to get in touch with our Dublin, CA robbery lawyer.
At Law Office of John W. Noonan, our attorneys have the skills, experience, and tenacity you deserve. Get to know our team by scrolling down and select the staff you would like to learn more about.